Conference - Topics in Ontology and Metaontology
The Department of Philosophy at Uppsala University will be hosting a conference on topics in ontology and metaontology on September 12-13, 2016. The conference is under the auspices of "The Lightness of Being" project.
- September 12
Campus Blåsenhus, Room 12:228
- September 13
Before lunch: English Park Campus, Room Eng1-1062
After lunch: Campus Blåsenhus, Room 12:228
Find your way to Campus Blåsenhus
Map of Campus Blåsenhus
Find your way to English Park Campus
Map of English Park Campus
- 9:45-11:00 Richard Woodward (Hamburg) “The Questions of Ontology”
- 11:15-12:30 Sebastian Lutz (Uppsala) “Armchair Philosophy Naturalized”
- 14:00-15:15 Delia Belleri (Vienna/Hamburg) “Epistemic Relativism and Ontological Disputes”
- 9:30-10:45 Martin Lipman (Amsterdam) “Considerations Against Fundamentality-Based Metaphysics”
- 11:00-12:15 Henrik Rydéhn (Uppsala) "Grounding and Dependence are Distinct Relations"
- 14:00-15:15 Tuomas Tahko (Helsinki) “The Reducibility Thesis”
- 15:30-16:45 Tim Button (Cambridge) “When Should Carnapians Think That Apparently Rival Theories Do Not Disagree?”
Organisers and Contact
The conference is under the auspices of the "Lightness of Being Project", funded by Riksbankens Jubileumsfond.
Organisers are Matti Eklund and Tobias Wilsch.
Questions about the conference can be directed to Tobias Wilsch.