Conference - The Language and Metaphysics of Normativity
The Department of Philosophy at Uppsala University will be hosting a conference on the language and metaphysics of normativity (broadly construed) on May 30-31, 2016.
All talks will take place in the Gustavianum (Akademigatan 3, 753 10 Uppsala: map).
There is no registration fee but please contact Dan Fogal if you wish to attend.
Monday May 30
- 9:30-10:40 Jack Woods: “The Authority of Formality”
- 10:50-12:00 Jussi Suikkanen: “Non-Realist Cognitivism, Truth, and Objectivity”
- 13:30-14:40 Emad Atiq: “Expressivist Explanations of Supervenience, Revisited”
- 14:50-16:00 Ragnar Francen Olinder: "Normative Disagreement - the Direction Account"
- 16:10-17:20 Stephanie Leary: “Grounding the Domains of Reasons"
Tuesday May 31
- 9:30-10:40 Justin Morton: “Grounding the Normative: A New Direction for Non-Naturalists”
- 10:50-12:00 Pekka Vayrynen: “Metaethics and Normative Explanation”
- 13:30-14:40 Abby Jaques: “Illicit Oomph (a worry for expressivists)”
- 14:50-16:00 Federico Faroldi: “The Scale of Normative Reasons”
- 16:10-17:20 Errol Lord & Kurt Sylvan: “Reasons: Right, Wrong, Normative, Fundamental”
Organizers & Sponsors
The conference is organized under the auspices of the project The Varieties of Normativity, together with the project Expressivism Generalised, and funded by the Swedish Research Council.
Questions about the conference can be directed to Daniel Fogal.