Plato’s Use of Logos
A Workshop on Reason, Language and Knowledge
December 8, 2016
Professor M.M. McCabe from King’s College (London) joins us for a one day workshop on Plato’s Use of Logos. Together will Marina McCoy from Boston and Franco Trivigno from Oslo we aim to settle the question of Plato’s take on Reason, Language and Knowledge once and for all. The event is open to everyone and is free of charge.
English Park Campus, Room Eng2-1022 (The Department Seminar Room)
- 10:00-11:30 New programme item: M. M. McCabe: "Logos in Plato's Euthydemus"
(Cancelled programme item: Marina McCoy: "Images and the Language of the Forms in Plato's Republic")
- 11:30-12:30 Lunch
- 12:45-14:15 Franco Trivigno: "Ideal and Ordinary Language in Plato’s Cratylus"
- 14:30-16:00 M.M. McCabe: "Plato’s Lexicon of Logos"
- 16:15-16:45 Project Meeting
- Mary Margaret McCabe, Kings College London
- Marina McCoy, Boston College
- Franco Trivigno, University of Oslo
The project "Rational Self-Government: An Investigation of Personal Autonomy and Its Platonic Origin": Olof Pettersson and Pauliina Remes, Department of Philosophy, Uppsala University